Cardiology is a branch of internal medicine. A cardiologist is not the same as a cardiac surgeon. A cardiac surgeon opens the chest and performs heart surgery.
A cardiologist specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases of the cardiovascular system. The cardiologist will carry out tests, and they may some do procedures, such as heart catheterizations, angioplasty, or inserting a pacemaker.
Heart disease relates specifically to the heart, while cardiovascular disease affects the heart, the blood vessels, or both.
Non Invasive Cardiology
- 2D echo with Colour Doppler
- Holter monitoring
- TMT/Stress test
- Coronary Angiogram and Cardiac Catheterization (Angiography)
- Coronary Angioplasty with Stenting /Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA)
- Temporary Pacemaker
- Permanent Pacemaker (Single Chamber/ Double Chamber)
- Defibrillator Implantation
- EP study & RF ablation
- Device closure congenital heart diseases
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft CABG or Bypass- off pump/on pump
- Mitral Valves Replacement/Repairs
- Double Valve Replacement/Repairs
- Thoracic/Pulmonary Surgery
- Surgery of Aneurysm of Aorta
- Intra Cardiac Repair of Congenital Heart Disease (acyanotic, cyanotic & others)
- Peripheral Vascular - Bypass and Embolectomy